Revelation 12:11 says that "They overcame [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony." Testimony is so important. Its like food for our spirit. A tangible meal for our hearts to dine on. Where there is a gap between our reality and God's promise for our lives, testimony bridges that gap. The testimony of God's past provision, miraculous work, and providence is a prophetic declaration of what he is to do in the future. The miracles that God does for my friends, family, and people I have never met, are miracles that he can do for me. Through God coming through time and time again, he continually gets all the glory and praise as provider, healer, and overcomer.
Here is another testimony of God working this past week! Thanks God for being so awesome!
Driving home from the airport the other day I passed a wreck on the road. As I drove by I noticed that the cops and ambulance had not even arrived on the scene yet. I felt that same feeling in my gut I always feel when I passed the wreck. I was thankful it wasn't me. As I drove further from the scene I prayed for the people in the wreck. While praying I thought about myself and the identity that Jesus gave me when I became a believer. I thought about the authority that he had given me and how because of Jesus I could partner with God to be a vessel of peace and healing to a scene like that.
So I turned the car around and drove back to the scene. Parking my car in a nearby driveway I walked up to a man on the scene who told me that his wife was a nurse. She had seen the wreck and had been assessing the teenage girl who had been driving the car that slammed into the back of a mini-van, which an elderly woman had been driving. Walking closer to the scene I felt out of place and could feel the panic of the situation. Kierra, the young teenage girl was there crying. Looking shocked and confused she was pacing back and forth holding her wrist awkwardly. In that moment I had a chance to walk up to her and tell her that everything was going to be ok. I told her that I was praying for her. Allowing the nurse who has showed up on the scene to do her job I stepped back a little bit and began to pray. I prayed that peace would fall over the the entire scene and the two women involved. I asked God to send his angels to the scene to heal. comfort, and make God's name known. Then an ambulance and the fire department showed up. After praying for a little while longer I left the scene feeling confident that God was at work. I began to thank God for allowing me to pass by this scene shortly after it happened so that I could pray over it. Thanks God for being so good to us! Thanks God for giving us the authority to bring your presence into a situation. Thanks for moving through us when we take risks and get out of comfort zone! God you are awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment